Kronos is a best in time practice time keeping system widely used more than 40,000 organization world wide. Kronos is been into the university efforts to improve pay practices and financial store ship of the business. This system will let you see, plan and manage every employee’s time. It ensures that staff and student employee are paid accurately every hour work. It stay in compliance with fair labor standards act regulations. It also manage budget and labor cost. It is an web-based application & it does not require any installation of software on an workstation for the access of Kronos Users access, the web-based Kronos Application which requires Java version 1.7.0_51. If one experiencing an Java issue on your workstation, access the non-Java web-based Kronos Application. Register for Kronos Training for more details about the course.
Did you know?
1. Kronos is an Time, Attendance & the Leave Reporting System that ECU has purchased for timekeeping & leave reporting campus wide. While you register for Kronos Training you will explore more.
2. All the employees who track either hours worked, leave taken, or both, will use the Kronos.
3. Kronos has been configured to match the Federal & State labor regulations in addition to ECU policies.
4. Payroll uses the Kronos to capture the hours worked & the generate pay information for employees including the special pay (Overtime, Moonlighter, and Vacation Payout).
How will Kronos work?
1. The banner passes the information to Kronos for each Employee.
2. Then the banner will remain the system of record for the employee & job information. The Kronos will use the information from the employee & job records in the Banner (Employee Class, FTE, Leave Category, Years of Service, & Effective Dates) to determine the appropriate Pay Rules & Accrual the Profiles in Kronos.
3. Each day an interface runs from the banner to Kronos in order to add or update the employee information.
4.Join for Kronos Training and see how the Employees maintain their Kronos Timecard by recording time or requesting the leave to reach the expected weekly hours.
5. The managers evaluate & resolve any exceptions or the timecard problems each day.
The Importance & Benefits of Kronos:
With the transition from the manual time-card to an automated time & attendance system it is important that our employees are compensated accurately. To make this happen, all the managers will need to manage their employees worked & the non-worked hours, as well as the attendance issues, in an efficient & timely manner. Join for Kronos Training and learn how the Kronos supports our ability to perform these tasks so that the data sent to payroll is accurate.
The following are the benefits that Kronos provides to the DBHDD:
1. It Automates & simplifies your timekeeping & scheduling tasks
2. It also Saves both time as well as money
3. Assists with the scheduling standardization & policy enforcement
4. In Kronos Training you see how it Improves time & also the attendance tracking
5. It also enables better end to end time-keeping
6. Kronos also automates the time-off request process
What is Payroll Process ?
While you join for Kronos Training you will explore more , the following session gives you an brief overview on the Purpose of payroll in kronos is as follows:
Who should attend this Training?
Here is an abbreviated description of DBHDD paryoll process using the Kronos Time & Attendance system. The application automates the payroll process, by ensuring that the payroll is processed accurately & on time. Join for best Kronos payroll online Training and learn how the managers are required to verify their employees work the expected number of hours & also approve time-cards for their direct reports at the end of each pay period whether the employee has punches or hours on the time-card or not. Join for Kronos Training and learn how the managers can remove their approval & make time-card edits as needed during the approval period. After the approval of period HR/Payroll will Sign-off on the Payroll. Once the HR Payroll has signed off, the manager can no longer remove their approval & can make edits, thus the HR Payroll CANNOT remove their signoff.
Roles and Responsibilities Of Kronos:
Each employee & the manager has responsibilities that are important in the payroll process. Each person’s role determines his / her responsibilities & the tasks that he/ she perform in the application. Common Employee Tasks . On an daily basis, the employees perform the following tasks:
1. On an daily basis, the leave-keepers perform the following tasks:
2. On a pay period or as needed basis, the leave-keepers perform the following tasks:
3. On an daily basis, managers perform the following tasks:
4. On an pay period or as by needed basis, managers perform the following tasks:
5. Manager , The Common HR-Payroll Department Tasks
6. On an pay period or as needed basis, typical payroll tasks include: